The NFCC/UAB collaborative effort has established a foundation for
- Education regarding HPV and cervical cancer,
- Feasibility of screening and evidence of HPV prevalence in Nepal,
- Network within social workers, academics, physicians, hospitals and the government of Nepal
- Assisting the Ministry of Health with cervical cancer screening and Implementation guidelines
NFCC/UAB have conducted the following pilot projects in collaboration with national and international organizations and the Family Health Division under the auspice of the Ministry of Health of Nepal.
Our team will be establishing a laboratory for HPV testing in 2018.
Collaborations and Funding Sources
- 1. University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- 2. Kent State University, Kent, OH
- 3. Family Health Division, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 4. Hologic Gen-Probe, San Diego, CA
- 5. Pasang Lhamu Nicole Niquille Foundation, Switzerland